When I went in for the colour match service the girl used the little machine twice (once on each lower cheek/jawline) and the colour matched was Deeply Beige. She asked what type of skin I had, and recommended me the No7 Stay Perfect foundation for my oily skin.
Here are some after thoughts:
1. I should have stressed that I have pretty oily skin, at that point I thought I was just oily, but now I realise that I can in fact get very oily, with my eyelids shining and nose glistening in the sun. I am currently deciding whether to get the matte foundation or instead use a oil control primer. (Might just go down the Milk of Magnesia primer route.)
2. Despite the foundation not being the best for my skin type, (it's water based as well, which isn't the best when using a sponge to apply foundation, despite the bottle saying you can use a sponge) it's pretty darn good. When applied well, it did stay nicely but I could feel the oil coming through. In photos I looked pretty good considering.
Apologies for the terrible teethy smile, but as you can see, with flash photography it's pretty darn good overall!
3. For me, the colour match service is a life saver. I have not got the time to try all foundations on earth, and when something like this comes along I couldn't be happier.
4. I've had the foundation for while, and for some reason inside the bottle you can see a white sort of liquid mixed in with the foundation - this liquid doesn't really mix when you shake the bottle, but I highly recommend to do so because chances are it's something to do with the foundation being water based. You don't want a liquid foundation coming out watery!
REVIEW:
Pros:
Colour match was perfect (for me)
Foundation was pretty good though it wasn't the best for my skin type (I can just use a primer but I'm tempted to get the matte foundation).
The colour you're matched to can be used to pick different types of foundations, so I can go and buy other finishes in the same shade.
Cons:
Around £14, can't help but feel like I wasted a bit money on a foundation that wasn't quite perfect (but I could've done so much worse! Can't expect to find the Holy Grail the first time!)
Colour match service may not work perfectly for everyone.
FINAL THOUGHT:
Make sure to emphasis your skin type! But overall, excellent.
*UPDATE* 28/05/2013 My skin has been pretty lousy as of late - breakouts, blemishes, large pores, you name it! It's not due to the foundation but when I do try to use it it just settles into fine lines and pores and makes my skin look horrible textured. Just wanted to tell you guys that if you have bad skin like me at the moment, this foundation is not suitable AT ALL. But , as always, a healthy lifestyle with the right skincare is so much better than a heavy coverage foundation! I just need to sort myself out and cleanse well before returning to make up, I think.
*UPDATE* 28/05/2013 My skin has been pretty lousy as of late - breakouts, blemishes, large pores, you name it! It's not due to the foundation but when I do try to use it it just settles into fine lines and pores and makes my skin look horrible textured. Just wanted to tell you guys that if you have bad skin like me at the moment, this foundation is not suitable AT ALL. But , as always, a healthy lifestyle with the right skincare is so much better than a heavy coverage foundation! I just need to sort myself out and cleanse well before returning to make up, I think.

0 comments:
Post a Comment