Tuesday, 7 May 2013

Natural spot treatments, natural acne treatment: The Lemon juice trick! (A.K.A. Using lemon juice on your face!)

Lemon juice has received rave reviews on how it can help spots, breakouts, blemishes, acne and blackheads.

Seems like a miracle right? Well, the reviews aren't really lying - I tried lemon juice for a while, but I eventually stopped because I got lazy!

I can say it really does work - however, it STINGS! If you have sensitive skin and can't tolerate pain very well, then there are a number of DIY face masks that incorporate lemon juice mixed with other things so it doesn't hurt. Also, you do carry the risk of doing damage to your skin if you overdo it.

For me, I went all out and put lemon juice on a cotton pad and wiped my face a while after cleansing and just before going to bed. I would let it dry first, and I made sure to try to sleep on you my back, but in the morning I always found myself lying on my side anyway, so no real worries. The juice dries like a shiny mask, so it doesn't rub off.

Blemishes and blackheads still remained, but they were much less so! I believe consistent use will be really great in the long run.

NOTE: Lemon has bleaching properties - so don't do this then go out into the sun! (It's sticky and dries shiny any way, so why would you?) Either rinse it off or do it before going to bed. A paler face and darker neck is hard to explain!

0 comments:

Post a Comment